Making the sky a safer place
The team at Mustang Helicopters is proud of our success record on external assessments from government regulators and independent auditors. We are consistently recognized for our progressive systems and procedures that ensure your safety. We welcome the opportunity to demonstrate these to your safety division. Through consistent training, combined with our exemplary safety record, Mustang Helicopters provides pilots, engineers, and a support team which is among the best in the industry!
Safety Policy Statement
Mustang Helicopters understands that the strength of our company comes from everyone involved. Our commitment is to provide a safe work environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and customers whether on-site or in the air.
- Take all possible steps to prevent work-related accidents and injuries through the recognition, evaluation, control and removal of safety hazards.
- Promote the awareness of all aspects of safety to our staff, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain compliance with Provincial and Federal legislation applicable to our operations.
- Support employee involvement in all aspects of safety.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Fulfill Health and Safety responsibilities through training and compliance.
- SMS Director directs the continuous development and implementation of the Safety Program.
Manager and Supervisors
- Implement and monitor the Safety Program for their area(s) of responsibility.
- Provide the resources to implement and maintain an effective Safety Management System.
- Support the involvement of all employees in all aspects of the company’s Safety Management System.
Safety objectives and goals
The SMS program aims to continually improve the safety of Mustang Helicopters Inc. flight and ground operations by identifying, eliminating, or mitigating any deficiencies in conditions, policies, procedures, and ensuring that employees consider at all times the safety implications of their actions and those of their colleagues. Mustang Helicopters is committed to safe flights and safe ground operations. To ensure we meet that commitment, it is imperative that we have uninhibited reporting of all incidents and occurrences that could compromise the safety of our operations.
In order to provide a means to achieve the stated safety objectives, Mustang Helicopters Inc. has identified specific goals in relation to SMS:
- Active participation by all company personnel, contractors, suppliers, visitors, and clients in the SMS program.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify and reduce, or eliminate, hazards through evaluation, communication, and training.
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents, and hazards are reported.
- Investigation/review of all incidents, accidents, and hazardous occurrences.
- Reduce/prevent incidents, accidents, and hazardous occurrences through communication and training.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Provide programs to employees to enhance their skills, awareness, knowledge, health, and safety.
- Prevention of injuries to all company and non-company personnel.
- Prevention of damage to companies' and other property.
- Reduce insurance and WBC costs through SMS program training.
- Ensure that unsafe work conditions and behaviour are corrected immediately.
- Safety Award System is to be used for promotion of SMS.